Trails – info and maps
Irish Hill, Berlin
A completely MAMBA-built trail network on Irish Hill above Berlin Pond Reservoir in Berlin.
NOTE: If the traihead parking lot is full, PLEASE do not park on the road. Park at Berlin Pond instead and ride to the trailhead.
Driving directions: Take Berlin St up from Montpelier and continue straight past the left turn for the hospital. Crosses VT 62 past Town and Country Honda and the Shaw’s Plaza. Take a right on Town Clerk Rd, go under the Interstate, then take a left on Paine Turnpike. Bear right to go around the right side of the pond (Brookfield Rd.). Road climbs and then bends sharply to left. Continue straight to the parking area about 1 mile up on the right. Trails begin on the right side of the ORV road (Darling Rd).
- Download MAMBA Irish Hill printable mountain bike trail map (updated September 2014)
- View current trail conditions for Irish Hill Trails on Trailhub
- View Irish Hill Trails on Trailforks
Note: This is the only trail on Irish Hill which MAMBA is involved with. Please do not ride any unapproved trails, and absolutely DO NOT build new trails without checking with MAMBA first. We’ve been working for many years to secure permission to build trail on State, Berlin, Montpelier, and private land on Irish Hill. Any unauthorized building/riding might destroy all of that work.
Those looking to build new, authorized trail, contact us, we will set you up with a great project!
North Branch Park, Montpelier (mountain biking)
During the summer of 2005, collaboration between MAMBA and the Montpelier Parks Department led to the construction of the first mountain bike trail in the North Branch Park. Fast-forward to Fall 2018 – the North Branch Trails Initiative is moving full speed ahead – a mission to add 4 miles of new trails and upgrade 2 miles of existing trail – all to be usable by mountain bikes, walkers and skiers!
- Download MAMBA North Branch Park printable mountain bike trail map (updated August 2019)
- View current trail conditions for North Branch Park Mountain Bike Trails on Trailhub
- View North Branch Park Trails on Trailforks
Other trails within North Branch Park, are off limits to bikers. Please respect other users by not riding these trails and avoid riding during wet conditions.
East Montpelier Trails, East Montpelier
The East Montpelier Trails network allows mountain biking (see exception below), but is primarily a walking/hiking system. If you ride there, please make every effort to share the trail in a responsible manner. Respect the fact that many people walk these trails for their silence and solitude.
- East Montpelier Trails Map (updated 2016)
Please note that the section between Center Road and Templeton Road (#2 on the map) is currently CLOSED to mountain biking at the landowners’ request. We hope to work with the landowners to arrive at a compromise, but for now we must respect their wishes. It is within their rights in the trail easement to restrict certain uses (biking) if they are deemed to cause a problem. Please DO NOT ride this section. Use Center and Templeton roads to connect around it. If you have questions about this situation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks.
Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks, East Montpelier
Driving directions: Take Main St up from the rotary in Montpelier and bear left onto the County Rd. In 3 miles Morse Farm will be on the right. Trails begin from the lower parking lot.
- Download MAMBA Green Rider Trail printable mountain bike trail map (updated September 2017)
- View current trail conditions for Morse Farm’s Green Rider Trail on Trailhub
North Branch Park, Montpelier (fat biking)
- Download map of winter fat biking trails in North Branch Park (updated December 2019)
- View current trail conditions for North Branch Park Fat Bike Trails on Trailhub
- View North Branch Park Fat Bike Trails on Trailforks